playMaker

Author Topic: Making a 2D RPG Sprite Based game.  (Read 5591 times)

Deadlyapples666

• Playmaker Newbie
Making a 2D RPG Sprite Based game.
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Hiya guys.

I've figured in order to learn Playmaker and to also end up with a decent game at the end I'm going to try making a 2D RPG. No isometric but 100% top down.

A Grid based world with blocky characters.. But characters which aren't locked to the grid that the world is lock in.

Only problem is I've never really made a game with Unity before. Ive made a 3rd person and then a first person games where you can run about and look at stuff but never have i made a function game really.

I've done all the tutorials for Playmaker that I can find but I am looking for some advice on making a Game which uses sprites for everything. Animations, Buildings, Characters etc..

Are there any Assets I could get? Ive looked at Sprite Manager and another one but I'm unsure which does what I need? :)

Also Anyone know of any Programs that are useful for making Sprites?

Any info is much appreciated :)!

Thankyou!

Arron :)

*edit*

I was just thinking of an example of games that Im trying to sort of take ideas from.

Think Terraria but from a top down perspective.
Or maybe Cortex Command but top down :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:11:55 PM by Deadlyapples666 »

Katori

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Making a 2D RPG Sprite Based game.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
I use Sprite Manager, with and without Playmaker. It is fairly easy to use, and is great for any kind of 2D. Some great actions for use with Playmaker are available here.

It's a worthwhile purchase.

Deadlyapples666

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Making a 2D RPG Sprite Based game.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »
Much appreciated :D!