playMaker

Author Topic: Controller Is Grounded not working  (Read 2712 times)

Katori

• Playmaker Newbie
Controller Is Grounded not working
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
I have a character controller, and I have it moving. In one FSM, I detect input from the spacebar then feed it to a state which asks if the controller is grounded. This ALWAYS returns no, even when a script trying to get the same information returns yes. Is this action broken or what could possibly be effecting it?

Thanks.

Beefdoctor

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Controller Is Grounded not working
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:24:32 PM »
Bump!

Zeldag

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:50:45 PM »
Hi!

There are a few old posts with simmilar problems, (Ive seen others with simmilar topic beimg marked as solved so if you have not come across them already have a look around) if you search the forum. Maybe they will help.

Otherwise maybe you could post pictures of your states as it seems its mostly setup issues in other topics (such as looping back into itself and such or not ticking every frame).

Im just a noob, but im thinking since you had to bump the thread further info may help the experts diagnose the issue.

Good luck with the investigation!

(Edit: Just noticed that it was not the OP who bumped the thread, but still post some pics, it my help you.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:59:16 PM by Zeldag »

Justin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 11:16:11 PM »
Beef are you having the exact same problem as Zeldag? It would be best to see how you have this setup in your fsm(s), controller is grounded works fine for me. You can also try using the Raycast action from your character to the ground, from there use a layer mask for the ground, or check if the hit object was the ground to determine if the player is grounded. Post a screen of your FSMs.