playMaker

Author Topic: Triggering an animation using game object speed[SOLVED]  (Read 1491 times)

unearthly

• Junior Playmaker
Triggering an animation using game object speed[SOLVED]
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »
Hi all.

Made a set of animations for weapon handling attached to a first person controller. I did this in a 3D application imported into Unity as an FBX. I am not using Animator. Thought all I had to do was assign button presses via Playmaker. I was so wrong, much more to do.

The first thing I would like to do is change from one animation to another dependent on the controllers speed (an idle animation, to a run animation), then back again when the player moves under a set speed.

I am guessing I can use 'Get Game Object Speed' with a float variable. Don't really know what to do next. Perhaps something to store that variable and something to reference it for the value at which I want the other animation to run.

Appreciate feedback. This will probably be the first of many posts asking for help to run these animations.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:44:57 AM by jeanfabre »

unearthly

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Triggering an animation using game object speed
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:56:55 PM »
OK I did this. It's measuring the game object speed but not transitioning to the other animation. What needs to be changed?

unearthly

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Triggering an animation using game object speed
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:12:30 AM »
I solved this a while ago storing the objects speed in a global variable and using that with a parameter in Animator to trigger the animation.