playMaker

Author Topic: ProCamera 2d - Actions won't show up in actions list [SOLVED]  (Read 2673 times)

HeathClose

So I've seen this before... and I still don't know how I fix it...

but sometimes (like right now) unity compiles a new action that was installed and no matter where I place it in the folder hierarchy, the actions list goes grey... and when it comes back... I can't access the action I'm trying to install... it's not in the list.. I see it in the folders... I can move it and unity will recompile... but it can't be accessed in the list... [ please don't ask me if I searched for it  :) ]

this is happening right now with procamera 2d actions...

they are in the folder.. I've moved them to different folders, unity compiles, actions go gray... and when it all comes back to life... no pro camera 2d actions anywhere...

I've deleted them and reinstalled them...  still not there...

This is not procamera 2d specific...I've had this happen to me before...

any advice?

5.5.2f1
pro cam 2.3.3
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:27:41 PM by HeathClose »

HeathClose

Re: Actions Not Installing
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 12:45:04 PM »
anyone know what to do?  this has thrown a monkey wrench into development... I can't get these actions to show up in the list...

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:47:20 PM »
Any error in the logs?

HeathClose

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »
thank you for the reply... I just once again deleted all the actions, and reimported them... and they do not show up in the actions list... no errors in the console

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 11:12:36 PM »
I am using the same version of unity and playmaker as you. So I dont think it is that.

Try importing this action and see if it compiles. If so, then maybe its those actions. If not, then maybe its your untiy/setup/playmaker.

From my github:

https://github.com/dumbgamedev/general-playmaker/blob/master/GUI/EnableGuiButtonHighlightState.cs

HeathClose

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »
I am using the same version of unity and playmaker as you. So I dont think it is that.

Try importing this action and see if it compiles. If so, then maybe its those actions. If not, then maybe its your untiy/setup/playmaker.

From my github:

https://github.com/dumbgamedev/general-playmaker/blob/master/GUI/EnableGuiButtonHighlightState.cs

I don't see a way to download this... is there a download button?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »
Right click with your mouse, and "save as".

HeathClose

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »
ok... for those searching with the same problem, I will revise the title and mark it solved...

so here is the reason I'm not seeing the actions...

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-pro-camera-2d-the-definitive-2d-2-5d-unity-camera-plugin.344436/page-15#post-3000871

basicly... I completely forgot a step in making proCam2d fully installed and that is to add PC2D_PLAYMAKER_SUPPORT to the "Script Defining Symbols"

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: ProCamera 2d - Actions won't show up in actions list [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 01:05:47 AM »
Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working!