playMaker

Author Topic: Send Event Bug[FEATURE]  (Read 1547 times)

QFGlenn

• Playmaker Newbie
Send Event Bug[FEATURE]
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
I'm not sure if it is a big issue, but when I Send Event to Game Object FSM, I have to select an event ticked global. Playmaker won't let me use an even that isn't ticked global...or so it would seem.

However, if I select an event while the event is in it's default mode (send to self) THEN switch to game object FSM, the event remains, I don't need to tick global, and as long as the event is in the target FSM it works, in the sense that it does send the event.

I figure that's a bug. But I've always been taught to avoid using global events and variables whenever possible, so I currently use it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:44:09 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Send Event Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:43:54 AM »
Hi,

First, you global events are not like global variables, it is strongly recommended to use global events, and only use global variables when truly necessary.

you can only send global events from fsm to fsm, it's not a hard rule but the interface does enforce this, but with the api you can indeed send a local fsm from a different fsm, but would be very confusing in the interface, that's why send event enforces global events only.

Bye,

Jean