playMaker

Author Topic: FSM editing is sluggish after opening Actions library for first time on startup  (Read 1076 times)

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
I think i've finally pinpointed it.

Any FSM, even within disconnected prefabs (since editing "applied" prefabs is just hellishly slow) editing, especially adding or deleting actions or states, gets super sluggish, making me wait 5 seconds between each addition or deletion, after opening Actions library for first time, after each time I launch Unity. It doesn't matter if it's a tiny or large FSM, new or old.

after learning this, now I know I should copy and paste a bunch of empty states in an FSM and name and arrange them BEFORE adding any actions, to make it work way faster. It's just as fast if I open the action library, add actions, save, exit unity, and come back in, and edit the fsm. as long as I don't do that initial opening of the action library, everything is speedy. are there any basic tips I am missing about this?

Before today I didn't understand why sometimes fsms would add and delete states and actions quickly sometimes, and mind-numbingly slow other times, but now I THINK I can control it, but I am hoping someone can fix it permanently with some simple setting or something.

Actually opening the action library takes like 6 seconds to open. it's blank, I type what I am searching for (although the letters don't appear), then 6 seconds later it types it into the search bar and loads all the actions.

Windows 10 64 bit. Playmaker 1.8.3. Unity 5.4.1p1
My project is 40 gigs, if that makes a difference. The final prepared exe is 1.4 gigs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:19:59 PM by westingtyler »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

ok, yeah, that's a pretty large project indeed.

Can you rephrase your repro, I can seem to understand how to repro this. You do mean that its slow in your big project, not in an empty or small project right?

Bye,

Jean