playMaker

Author Topic: Spherecast action not returning hit  (Read 1855 times)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Spherecast action not returning hit
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:09:30 AM »
Edit:

So I figured out that the spherecast was not working because it started from inside my player(ball) and apparently that does not work since it is starting inside of a collider even if the layermask says not to look at it.

That leaves me with another problem. I figured I could spherecast from above my player in world space to fix it but the action is either from the gameobject or from a position. Is there anyway to make the position a world space offset from my player? (since my player is always rotating)

Original Post:

Hi,

I am using the spherecast action from the ecosystem, but I can't get it to work for some reason. I am trying to cast down from my player(ball) to the ground to check and see if the player is grounded before I jump.

Normally I would use a raycast but if the player is on a slope the raycast sometimes misses even though the player is grounded.

I have it "Return" the the preious state if it doesn't hit anything else send a jump event to continue on. Yet it rarely ever returns a hit. I have attached my settings on the action.

I am thinking maybe I'm not using it right but from the documentation on unity I believe I am.

Any info on how to use it?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:49:32 PM by serenefox »
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Spherecast action not returning hit
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:22:13 AM »
Hi,

Just add a child to your player and put it where you want to raycast from and use that child as the gameobject for the action.

Bye,

Jean