playMaker

Author Topic: problems with fade out scene  (Read 1410 times)

emc2

• Playmaker Newbie
problems with fade out scene
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:52:59 PM »
Hi all,
I have small problem
I want to fade out/in scene on level load but after camera fade out first scene "flashes" for a second before next scene is loaded - how to avoid this?
I'm loading new scene same way as in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44d6Q4qT94

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: problems with fade out scene
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:43:04 AM »
Hi,

I would use y custom solution using the new UI system and an image without sprite that covers the full screen, then you won't have flashes likely.

also, check your code maybe you stop fading one frame too soon or don't wait for the scene to be really loaded. If you use LoadLevel you don't when the level is really loaded ( especially if big), so have an fsm in the next level that sends a global event "I AM LOADED" or something so that your fading system knows exactly when to act.

Bye,

Jean

HeathClose

Re: problems with fade out scene
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:19:12 AM »
actually I've been dealing with the same thing... I was just going to figure it out later but as I iterate now... fade out fades out... but once it leaves the state where fade out is, it goes back to 100% fade in while the next state is being executed...

in other words, the camera doesn't hold the settings once it leaves the state. it reverts, in fact... if your next state has nothing in it... you can just go back to playing...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:22:37 AM by HeathClose »