playMaker

Author Topic: Character controller rotating problem.  (Read 2078 times)

kimj224

• Playmaker Newbie
Character controller rotating problem.
« on: April 14, 2017, 01:00:25 AM »
Hello.

I am developing a 3D Side Scrolling Game.
I am creating a character controller, and I want to add a rotating animation when my character rotates.
I can not add animation with Smooth Look At Direction. So I need another way not to use Smooth Look At Direction.

I made basically a moving FSM and wondered how to put an action to add animation to the rotating part.

I attached my FSM as an image.
(I do not know how to post an image here, so I attached an image file :'()

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Ofonna

Re: Character controller rotating problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »
lol this can be frustrating, i faced this as a newbie. okay all you have to do since you're not controlling movement from the animations is.... get axis "vertical" and "horizontal" set vertical to whatever speed you want and ensure that horizontal is very high...this controls your rotation e.g 200, get translate action and rotate action and set z to vertical and for rotation set y to horizontal and voila you're good to go.

secondly, you dont always have to use character controller, rigid body will be just fine so you can restrict the x position since its a side scrolling game

kimj224

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 12:08:13 AM »
Hey.

thank you for the reply.
But I want a more specific answer.
I want to animate the pose I take when the character rotates from left to right.
For example, in 'INSIDE', the character takes a very natural pose and switches direction.
In other words, I need a way to rotate the character while inserting an interpolation animation as the body turns around.

I have received your kind answer, but I may not have understood your answer clearly.
Could you tell me how to apply it specifically because I am a very beginner to use PlayMaker (for example, images and so on ...)
And if you can put an animation in your answer, why do not you tell me how?

Thanks.

Ofonna

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 02:44:28 PM »
are you building a 2.5D game? if so use this