playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Ignore Object? [SOLVED]  (Read 1449 times)

Col. Phil Bilko

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Ignore Object? [SOLVED]
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:54:16 AM »
Hello All;

I am a little stuck here in respects to this so I am hoping someone can help me out.

Ok the issue is this, I have an object in a scene that loads with the scene, and the players can interact with the object. However when one player does it triggers the FSM events on that object over the network. Basically I need it to be ignored by the network so the when the one player interacts with it, it does not trigger over the network. How would I go about doing this and any samples on how to achieve this?

Thanks much.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:33:51 AM by Col. Phil Bilko »

Ofonna

Re: Photon Ignore Object?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »
it shouldn't have a photon view then

Col. Phil Bilko

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Photon Ignore Object? [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
Hey All;

Well I solved this. First let me clarify I did NOT have a Photon View on the object yet it was still triggering events across the network.

The issue was down to players TAG, the player prefab had the tag "MP Player", and when the other players were spawned they too had the same tag on their player prefab, which caused it to trigger events no matter who entered triggers or collided e.t.c. on any of the clients games. So to fix this I went to the IsMine setup on the player prefab, I then added a new action to the NotMine state called "Set Tag" action and changed every other player objects tag to "MP Other Player" and now when the player enters a trigger it does not act all wonky as it did before.

Anyway thanks guys I thought I would share how I solved this in hopes that it may help others down the road.