playMaker

Author Topic: Bumper Car "Physics"  (Read 1424 times)

ihearmonkeys

• Playmaker Newbie
Bumper Car "Physics"
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »
Hey folks,

Trying to replicate a bumper car impact style into my game.  If a car crashes into a barrier or another car, I just want to add some force and "bump" it away a bit. 

It's a top down 2D racer.  The cars are controller by translating around the track.  I've added all rigid bodies, bounding boxes etc, and have a test scene sorted.  Test scene works fine, but when I come to put it into my game, no luck. 

I *think* it's because the impact is also being overwritten by the translation of the car.  Maybe I need to keep the tranlate of car and add the impact movement on top of that too??

Hopefully that all makes sense.  Any ideas?  Trying to find if someone has done something similar and how they did it.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Bumper Car "Physics"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 08:12:14 AM »
I am not sure about your specific situation, but you can try this knock back action: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=14171.0

It works for rigidbody type of character controllers, among others.

ihearmonkeys

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Bumper Car "Physics"
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:09:32 AM »
Thanks for link.  This sounds like what I'm looking for, thanks!  Tried it in the game, doesn't work... but that might be because my translation movement is over writing it.  Going to try it out in a test scene.

Thanks! :)