playMaker

Author Topic: Creating a Template - not so obvious  (Read 310 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Creating a Template - not so obvious
« on: June 09, 2023, 09:50:34 AM »
Now here's something crazy.
I'm on 1.9.6f1 and I struggle to find a button or menu option to create a FSM template.
I look into the Templates browser, there's no button to add one and doing a right mouse button click does nothing to reveal any kind of menu either.
In the Graph View, there's a drop down menu which allows for "pasting" or "using" a template, but not creating one.
The FSM Component has nothing either for this.
The Playmaker menu has nothing at all.

The only way to create one is in the Graph View, by using a 'Run FSM' action that has a "new" button, or by clicking the right mouse button and selecting "save as template".

This feels very restrictive. Have I missed something as far as the UX goes?

The managing of Template categories is just as elusive. Aside from having access to the FSM tab that has a very discrete category field, it's hard to manage it from any other place.
The Templates browser offers no control at all.

There's also a bug. Create a template, leave it in no category, select it and then select another category (that supposes a custom one already exists), it will show all the templates of that custom category in the "No Category" one, while it will displayed the right amount of templates is contains.
It's strictly a UI bug.
And typing a name in the category field is garbled because the temporary gray text is not being hidden.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 10:02:58 AM by Broken Stylus »