playMaker

Author Topic: about playmaker  (Read 1885 times)

jon

• Playmaker Newbie
about playmaker
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:27:19 AM »
hello
can anyone making games give me some feed back about playmaker
how can i do this things in playmaker ?
 - 2d platformer
 - inventory
 - diferent weapons
 - quests
 - npcs with text
 - enemies / bosses

i know i can do this in unity, but if iam having dificulty in scripting all of this stuff, i would like to use playmaker without going into playmaker scripts... can playmaker do it ?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: about playmaker
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:36:02 AM »
Hi,

So playmaker is not a one button scripting solution, but rather a visual scripting platform using state machines. Therefore it does take some learning how to use it. The best place to start is by watching the playmaker tutorials. Even though they may not seem to relate to your project, they in fact teach the fundamentals.

Depending on how much time you want to invest to build things yourself/vs integrated assets, some third party assets have the functions you might want. For example inventory pro, which has playmaker actions: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66801

jon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »
Hi
ive tried a free inventory system from the asset store, but i soon released i was going to get into a lot of trouble adding my 2d game items (health/shield/ammo/weapons/keycards) to that inventory..Most of the inventories come in 3D, and are made for 3D games..

bassically i just wanted something that could do something, in the 2d platformer game iam doing i already have about 50 pages of scripts.

can you direct me into a 2d tutorial using playmaker ?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:40 AM »
I am not sure of any free direct tutorials.

You would need to use arraymaker for playmaker, which can handle arrays. There are some tutorials on youtube about it.

There is this tutorial series on udemy that covers making an inventory system using playmaker. The tutorial is for 3d games, but it is exactly the same process for 2d games: https://www.udemy.com/cant-code-who-cares-make-games-anyway/learn/v4/

jon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:02:25 PM »
thanks
ive manadge to watched some of the videos without paying

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »
Hi Jon,

save your money before buying any assets, they are usually over your level of skill for using them. Try making something using only Playmaker.

For start, make a 2d platformer, a box jumping around on few platforms, let us know if you need any help.

Available for Playmaker work

jon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »
hi
i just got playmaker but the addforce2d doesnt seem to work for me... i also dont have any idea of how to apply a + + + force to every frame going up and then stop in middle air !

my problem is exacly this one:
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/578555/character-instantly-jumps-instead-of-smoothly-gain.html

I dont know if this is a unity problem... but solution is even more weird "Apply Root Motion" was never turned on for me.