playMaker

Author Topic: NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer  (Read 1560 times)

carl201010

• Playmaker Newbie
NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer
« on: June 09, 2017, 01:02:56 PM »
I'm updating a project to 5.5.4. I get the following compile error:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer.cs(19,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NavMeshAgent' could not be found. Are you missing `UnityEngine.AI' using directive?

I went to NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer.cs and saw it was not finding NavMeshAgent. I added 'using UnityEngine.AI;' and the script then found NavMeshAgent. However, I now have:

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/de/PlayMakerEditor.de.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

And: Some scripts have compilation errors which may prevent obsolete API usages to get updated. Obsolete API updating will continue automatically after these errors get fixed.

As this refers to a resources.dll does this mean a component has not been imported or updated correctly? (I re-imported PlayMaker from the asset store). Any help much appreciated as those nice folk at Steam have green-lit this.

carl201010

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:34:26 AM »
Just to expand on this; commenting out 'UnityEngine.AI' in NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer.cs results in

Exception: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
   Could not load type 'PlayMaker.ConditionalExpression.ConditionalExpressionActionEditor' from assembly 'ConditionalExpressionEditor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterHelper.IsReferenceToTypeWithChangedNamespace (System.String simpleOrQualifiedName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/APIUpdaterHelper.cs:51)

As no code has changed between this version of the project and the one in the iOS app store I assume (dangerous!) this can only be something gone awry in the update process.

@JeanFabre Is there a Very Big Button labelled 'FIX THIS' somewhere that I'm foolishly missing? ;)

carl201010

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: NavMeshAgentAnimatorSynchronizer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 04:24:20 AM »
Ah Ha! Yes, there is indeed a big button labelled 'fix this,' and I'll mention it here just in case anyone else has problems (although it's probably just me...)

As Jean pointed out in another post (I should have searched, just wasn't sure what to search for) importing from the asset store simply imports the installer. Perhaps because I'd used component from the ecosystem this didn't prompt the PlayMaker pre-check to run.

What did sort it out was making a clean project, importing PlayMaker into that and then manually copying folders from one project to another (having made 97 backups first of course). When re-opening the original project this caused the pre-check and re-import to run as intended, and apart from a couple of minor asset warnings everything seems now to run as intended. Happy!