playMaker

Author Topic: [WIP] New Era: Wolf Squadron  (Read 4507 times)

TechnicianGames

• Playmaker Newbie
[WIP] New Era: Wolf Squadron
« on: July 30, 2019, 12:51:55 AM »

Hi everyone, my name is Sam. I would like to present the following project that I been working on. The project is called New Era: Wolf Squadron.

The game is an action pack sci-fi flight combat game. You play as Wolf Squadron’s, leader; Wolf One aka Wolf Lead. The game is a single player 9 mission (or more) campaign. The game is inspired from games like Star Wars Rouge Squadron for the N64 and Star Fox 64.

As far as what platforms the game will be released for will be for PC, and hopefully the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox if the game is successful. The game is being designed to be played with a controller, so it will require an Xbox-360 or Xbox-One controller.

My project is using Playmaker as the main programing. Though I am also using a heavily modified Air Combat package.

A new Spring 2022 development demo has been released at itch.io You can download the demo at the following link.

https://technicianstudios.itch.io/new-era-wolf-squadron

Hope everyone likes what has been made so far. I am very excited to continue to progress the development of the project.

Thank you,

Sam J
Founder of Technician Studios

Project Development Trailer

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:56:31 PM by TechnicianGames »

TechnicianGames

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [WIP] New Era: Wolf Squadron
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 09:51:56 PM »
Just making a quick project update. I have crated several screens like the mission selection, main menu, loading screen, mission fail screen.

Im going to work on making the starfighter selection screen next. One thing I am thinking of doing is to make the mission select screen be in a 3D room. So it makes it feel like you are looking at a monitor in a briefing room when selecting a mission.

Also, I have make 2 starfighter classes in the game. Fighter and Bomber. Cant wait to release a prototype demo for you guys to play. I'll keep the update coming.

-Sam

titanpunk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 06:49:34 AM »
Hey do you have any updates? The idea was good. Any new pics or videos? :)
Let's play.

TechnicianGames

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 02:22:12 AM »
Hey do you have any updates? The idea was good. Any new pics or videos? :)

I know this is over a year old but I do have a itch page for the project. I never had the chance to share it. Unfortunately the project has been put on hold since 2020. I run my own business, and when the pandemic started, my business started booming big time. I had to focus on my business that makes me money, vs a project that might not bring in money.

Good news, I am starting to have more free time again. I might start the project back up from where I left off.

Here's the itch link. With a rough prototype demo.
Does require a Xbox controller.

https://technicianstudios.itch.io/new-era-wolf-squadron

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 01:57:09 PM »
The title in your game's logo, with the retro style, reads like New Fra instead of New Era.