playMaker

Author Topic: Issue with 3rd person camera movement  (Read 1173 times)

Trakan

• Playmaker Newbie
Issue with 3rd person camera movement
« on: July 19, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »
Clip showing my issue:
Hi everyone, it's my first time working with playmaker, i've followed few tutorials and decided to work on my own.
I currently have an issue with my 3rd person controler, i'm moving the camera with the right joystick for now and moving the player using the left one, moving the character without touching the camera works perfectly but when i rotate the camera around, the vector the model is using is still walking in the same direction
Example from the video: I walk then i put my camera at the front of my character and when i want to walk back, i use my joystick down (logic) but it keeps going walking in front of his current rotation not toward the screen rotation.

Sorry if i'm not clear enough, i hope you can understand what i meant and i hope you can help me with that, thanks alot

Trakan

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Issue with 3rd person camera movement
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
Damn, finally fixed it by setting the "Relative to" to the cam object in Get Axis Vector

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Issue with 3rd person camera movement
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:10:42 PM »
Hi,
Nice that you found your issue and posted it.

it is also very good to show in a video your issue, but you should also show your states/fsm/actions. (The more info the better :) )
this way it will be easier for others to see what your issue is :)