playMaker

Author Topic: unity timeline actions?[SOLVED]  (Read 16019 times)

Ofonna

unity timeline actions?[SOLVED]
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:39:59 AM »
hi, Should we be expecting some unity time line actions for unity 2017?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:51:11 AM by jeanfabre »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: unity timeline actions?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:30:07 AM »
I am open to requests. I havent had too much of a chance to look through timeline yet, but anything in specific that you want, to kick us off?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:26:12 AM »
Ive started some playmaker unity timeline actions here: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/timeline-playmaker

So far, play (start) timeline, stop timeline and pause timeline. Enough to help you follow along with this tutorial/presentation at Unite a few days ago.
About 15 actions so far.

I will push them to the ecosystem once we have more actions for timeline. But they are completely usable now  8)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:17:22 AM by tcmeric »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 03:29:25 AM »
I created a simple tutorial that introduces timeline and how to use it with playmaker. This is part 1 but it will get most people started  8)

Ofonna

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 07:02:04 PM »
wow thanks for this!

Gustav

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »
tcmeric, thanks a lot! :)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »
Ive added another key action. This will be in my third tutorial, but if you want to get started using it now, its a playmaker/timeline proxy.

https://github.com/dumbgamedev/timeline-playmaker/tree/master/proxy

You drag and drop script (called playmakerTimelineEvent.cs) into the timeline on a new track (a new track will be created automatically). Then position the script on the timeline when you want it to fire. (The event will fire at the start of the script position on the timeline. The length of the script on the timeline does not matter).

Setup:

1. Click on the script in the timeline to set the options in the inspector.
2. Choose the gameobject that holds your playmaker FSM (or choose global to send event to all playmaker FSM in the scene). In this case no gameobject is necessary.

If your gameobject has more than one FSM, it will send the event to the first FSM only (if not global).

3. Type the name of your event you want it to trigger in playmaker. Ie, "TriggerMe". Spelling matters  ;)

In playmaker.

1. Make a new event. Name the event the same as the proxy on the timeline. Ie "TriggerMe".
2. Add this event to a state, by right click on the state. Then choose "Add global transition". Choose "TriggerMe". It will then appear above the state (like the start state does).

Now when the timeline reaches the proxy script, it will fire your playmaker event. You can use as many proxy scripts on a timeline as you would like.

Ofonna

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »
you're the best man!

Ofonna

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
i'm not too familiar with github please, how do  download the script, theres no download option there, thanks

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 08:40:36 PM »
No worries. See my attached image. Click that green button at the root of the repository (directory), to download a zip file. Unzip the file and put the folder into your unity assets folder. It will then automatically be recognized by playmaker and compile. After that, it should be visible in your playmaker actions browser.

Ofonna

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
this is what i see now, am i meant to re-download the entire folder?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 05:17:24 AM »
Yes, you will need to download the entire folder from the root. If you right click and save as on the one file, it will download, but it will be corrupted. The browser will add a bunch of its own code to the CS file.

Kubold

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:34 PM »
How do you set the references in Animation tracks ("Bindings" section of the Director) in Timeline at runtime?

Because in my game the characters are spawned, they are not on the level until the game runs, so I can't reference them manually. Set Property Action doesn't give you access to "Bindings" section of the Playable Director.

I believe it's called PlayableDirector.SetGenericBinding, but I know absolutely nothing about coding.

Can you make an Action for that please?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:04:51 PM by Kubold »

Kubold

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 11:28:30 AM »
bump!

Can we have a PlayableDirector.SetGenericBinding Action?

As in the Unity Staff member answers in this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/set-playabledirector-bindings-from-script.487337/

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
bump!

Wanted to also chime in about how useful a PlayableDirector.SetGenericBinding action would be :)

-craigz