playMaker

Author Topic: error while trying to install video player actions  (Read 1059 times)

sportique1979

• Playmaker Newbie
error while trying to install video player actions
« on: April 12, 2020, 03:22:16 PM »
hi, I'm getting the following console error after installing the video player actions package from the Echosystem browser: 
Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Editor/PlayMakerEditorUtils.cs(397,22): error CS0117: `PlayMakerGlobals' does not contain a definition for `AddGlobalEvent'
the error remains after removing the video player actions and I have no idea how to fix it so any help would be great!
p.s. I'm using playmaker 1.8.4 in unity 5.6.6

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: error while trying to install video player actions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:41 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker 1.8.x is very old, so is unity 5.6. This is not anymore something we back support unfortunatly. you should definitly upgrade to at least 2017 LTS and PlayMaker 1.9, at some point you'll find yourself stuck if you don't upgrade.

Make sure you back up your project first.

- you can simply delete the offending methods within the PlayMakerEditorUtils, that should do.

Bye,

Jean

sportique1979

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 03:08:00 PM »
thanks!
I've just updated to 1.9.0
everything's working ok apart from I'm getting lots of errors saying:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index

and
SetAnimatorBool: Action has changed since FSM was saved. Could not recover parameters. Parameters reset to default values.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 01:29:46 AM »
Hi,

yes, you'll need to go over all your fsm, and clean up the actions that got corrupted, unfortunatly, coming from an very old version of PlayMaker doesn't work very well in some cases.

It's always best to upgrade as regularly as possible so that you transition your project smoothly from versions to versions ( the same is true for Unity, playmaker and any other packages)

Bye,

Jean