playMaker

Author Topic: Can i use Itween?  (Read 1247 times)

adre

• Playmaker Newbie
Can i use Itween?
« on: August 13, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
Hi,
I am doing simple animations using built-in Itween actions and i do not experience problems. Even though Dotween is recommended to use (and i know it has playmaker actions link in this forum), can i keep using Itween?

Thanks

Deek

Re: Can i use Itween?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
As long as you're not experiencing any problems with iTween or your game is very performance dependent, there's no need to switch from a working system. The reason why it's not suggested to use anymore is because it hasn't been updated in a long time (2013 I think was the last time) and there are alternatives that do a better job at tweening animations (like DOTween or LeanTween), so I would only recommend to switch to them when you start a new project.
I use iTween for years and never had any problem with it. It would not only take forever to change all actions to a different system but the difference would also not be that noticeable.

If you only have like a handful of iTween actions you could start learning another approach, but I say stick to iTween for your current project and switch when starting a new one.

adre

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Can i use Itween?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:18:16 AM »
Deek: I have no performance problems.I am animating simple things only. I just was wondering if Itween is as stable as Dotween?