playMaker

Author Topic: FSMs stop working as game progresses  (Read 4207 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: FSMs stop working as game progresses
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 07:19:31 AM »
Hi,

let me know how it goes. PM me if necessary.

Bye,

Jean

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »
I'm using Pooly, as it seems very simple to use. However, when I was creating and destroying objects, they would eventually appear and disappear from the hierarchy.

As it stands, it creates a list of clones in the Pool (in the hierarchy) that never go away. Originally, my game was making it to question 23 before the prefabs started to break (or disobey their commands that were previously working properly).

Now it only makes it to question 7.

I looked into why the clones don't go away, and I guess you need to make each clone reference itself with a Set FSM Game Object to tell it what its own name is.

Is this correct? Why would it need to reference itself if it's the only object on the screen in order to obey its own commands?

Thanks again.

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 09:10:15 PM »
Actually, I just noticed that when the clones start to appear in the hierarchy is exactly when the prefabs starts to break. Could there be a correlation?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 02:28:00 PM »
Did you watch my video on pooly? I talk about how I setup my spawner and how to reference the spawned objects. Maybe this can help you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 02:35:05 AM »
Hi,

I think you may have a big confusion in your logic, maybe you are using global variables or reference things that gets corrupted as more prefab gets instantiated.

Bye,

Jean