playMaker

Author Topic: Inventory System (Swap Items, Change Item Slot)  (Read 2373 times)

Vâel

• Playmaker Newbie
Inventory System (Swap Items, Change Item Slot)
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »
Hey everyone,

I am making inventory system for my game... I done many things like  I can pick up items, put their values and icons into buttons on "gui" with using hash table array maker. I can use them. But I have no idea about how to do swap items slots or change item slot with empty slot.

I want select item and drag it to other slot if that slot is empty put item to that slot, if not  swap them.

Anyone could help or give clue about how to do that.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Vâel

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Inventory System (Swap Items, Change Item Slot)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »
Hi,
You can check out my tutorial (it's a bit long tho i still need to make a shorter cleanded version.

The sample will be available on the asset store in a bundle with a whole bunch of other samples.
but it will take a while.
(review waiting time seems to be more than 4 weeks atm)

Vâel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »
Thank you for sharing, I have checked Youtube many times but did't see that one.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Vâel

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »
Hi,
May i ask what words you used to search?
So i can update the key words :)

Vâel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:27:13 AM »
Hey,

Sorry for late reply. I think I have searched "how to make inventory with playmaker" and " Playmaker inventory" and things like that.

By the way, I have done swapping thanks to you, and I also think that your system is more better and cleaner than mine but your video is hard to follow...  Maybe you should make all steps over in the tutorial. I know it's so hard and looong :) But just a suggestion.

Also, do you share that sample? I want to learn how you done it  in details.

Regards,

Vâel
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:28:51 AM by Vâel »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 06:34:06 AM »
Hi,
Yes i know i need to make i clean video version, but due to lack of time i released that version (rough versions i usually send only to my friends for feedback and then i record a clean version)

I will have a bundle for sale on the asset store soon with all my samples , just cleaning up the Tetris sample in a cleaner version without globals (which is the 1st thing that i will do when i get home next week) and then i can upload it on the asset store.
and then it depends on unity how long it takes them to review the asset for release.

Vâel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »
Ah okey,

I tried your tutorial in order to understand what you do, but it is not working in 3d. It is always raycasting world objects not UI elements. How to fix that?

Regards.