playMaker

Author Topic: Question about playmaker before I buy it  (Read 1775 times)

PalmParadise

• Playmaker Newbie
Question about playmaker before I buy it
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »
Hi there. I’ve been working on a prototype for my game for a few weeks now and I’m hoping playmaker can help me take it up a notch. I need an AI system that can identify the closest target, (perhaps by identifying the closest instance of a prefab or something), move towards it and when it dies, identify the next closest target. I’d be grateful if anyone could tell me if this would be possible with playmaker and perhaps link me to resources to help me with this task.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Question about playmaker before I buy it
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:57:30 AM »
Yeah, you can set it up in a minute in Playmaker. You can find closest by name, tag, whatever you want. When it dies, it can either send an event to the ai system to search the next closest, or the AI itself can test if the target is present every frame then go on to the next one when it doesn't detect it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:09:06 AM by krmko »
Available for Playmaker work

PalmParadise

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 08:58:34 AM »
Yeah, you can set it up in a minute in Playmaker. You can find closest by name, tag, whatever you want. When it dies, it can either send an event to the ai system to search the next closest, or the AI itself can test if the target is present every frame then go on to the next one when it doesn't detect it anymore.

Thanks a lot, I’ll get playmaker. Do you know of any tutorials for this?

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 11:41:36 AM »
I suggest you start with some simple tutorials to get the hang of it. I don't know how experienced are you with coding and fsm's in general, but some basics are always good to know first. Hutong games have their own youtube page with tutorials.
Available for Playmaker work

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 05:37:33 PM »
Hi,
And you can find lots of tutorials on the user tutorial wiki page