playMaker

Author Topic: Think I've got a bug, How do I downgrade?  (Read 2591 times)

sannyasi

• Playmaker Newbie
Think I've got a bug, How do I downgrade?
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »
I've updated my playmaker from 1.33 to 1.4, Have done quite a bit of work and think I've uncovered a problem that I don't think was an issue with the old version.. Before putting up a long winded and hard to follow post, I wanted to downgrade my project to test...

I made a backup before upgrading but like I said a lot of work has changed and I want to isolate the problem to see if it is in fact a new bug or I've messed something up.

I've tried updating the dll, and playmaker folders with my backup, but unity won't start when I do that.
Splash screen then nothing... no process running in task manager.

Thanks in advance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Think I've got a bug, How do I downgrade?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:50:15 AM »
hi,

Downgrading should be simply a case of importing an earlier package. With all the cautions that applis that it might not be compatible! so back up before.

now, Don't hesitate to explain your problem, it might be a bug, it might something else, If you also need someone to look at it, don't hesitate to pm me, I will see if I can resolve the issue.

Bye,

Jean

sannyasi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:46:56 AM »
Think my issues are much bigger than I thought, I would still like to try downgrading to 1.33, but I'm going to open another post to discuss the bug.

As for the package, I don't know where it is, The only unity packages I've found on my machine are the standard ones.
I've looked in both my users/USERNAME/... folder (windows 7) and the unity install location.
Where should the playmaker package be? And would me upgrading it from the asset store overwrite my old version, if so I'll need to get an old version.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:34:27 AM »
uhm, I see, yes because you are getting it from the asset store, I am not sure you actually have an earlier package.

You should ask Alex, to see if he can send you an earlier package AND if that would be compatible anyway.

Bye,

Jean