playMaker

Author Topic: Set Event Info in conjunction with Forward Event  (Read 1772 times)

canadialad

• Playmaker Newbie
Set Event Info in conjunction with Forward Event
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:45:38 AM »
I am currently running into an issue with Get Event Info.  I am processing data for input and then sending an event upon press/release.  For an axis, I'd like to send the axis value along with the event.  The caveat I believe is with the 'Forward Event' action.  The input Fsm's are Templates that are run via RunFSM.  They send their events to the hostFSM and from there they are forwarded to the appropriate target.  From my observations, 'Get Event Info' is a run-once type action that requires you to re-enter the state via another event call to change.  Because the event info is not available at the end point (there is one relay FSM in between the Input Manager and the actual target), I would assume I need a state for each event that could be sent from any of the SubFSM's in order to pass along event data.  However, this is not what I want.  I need the Input Manager to continually poll for input changes and quietly pass along each of the events as they happen.

Is it intended that 'Forward Event' and 'Forward All Events' eat the event data accompanied with each event sent?  I have tried unchecking 'eat events' in both and nothing changed.  The event info was still being consumed somewhere between the SubFSM 'Send Event' call and the 'Get Event Info' call from the final FSM that handles response to the event.

I have also tried getting/setting the event data in each spot I forward the events with temporary states with a global transition (the input events).  This did not solve the problem.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Set Event Info in conjunction with Forward Event
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:11:43 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, only noticed that message now.

EventData is not subject to the event handling, EventData is a static class available at anytime by anyone, you can forward event, it won't change the data you have set using SetEventData, and using GetEventInfo won't change it neitherm you only read it.

So I am confused when you say that event info is not available at the end point.

If you could make a simple repro, that would help.

Bye,

Jean