playMaker

Author Topic: LeanTween Move By - strange behaviour  (Read 1967 times)

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
LeanTween Move By - strange behaviour
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »
I've tracked down a bug in my game to the Move By action in the LeanTween library. Is it possible this is incompatible with Unity 2017 / Playmaker 1.8.5 ?

Basically I've spent hourrrrs trying to work out how the movement of one gameobject was causing a strange behavior with another that has absolutely no connection to it. I've been activating / deactivating everything and finally found the culprit.

I'm using Move By with a ping-pong easement to make a gameobject jump up a little (like an excited dog) during a 2D animation. Looks fine ... but I noticed that at that exact moment another actor was having collider problems and strange movements whereas it works perfectly before or after the Move By is running.

With Move By deactivated everything is fine so I can only assume there's something in it propagating to other actors or messing with other colliders (that's the object is nowhere near) somehow. Is this possible and is there a work around?

I saw there was a support thread for LeanTween but it hasn't been posted to for some years so I started a new topic.

Thanks in advance.

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: LeanTween Move By - strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
Further discovery - it seems to be the pingpong loop specifically not the whole action. When I chain two single linear move-by actions together one after the other to emulate a ping pong (i.e. move up then move down) I don't have any of the problems mentioned in the first post.