playMaker

Author Topic: Text appear letter by letter  (Read 4805 times)

Tina51129

• Playmaker Newbie
Text appear letter by letter
« on: January 30, 2024, 08:44:44 PM »
Hi!

I want my dialogue text to appear letter by letter, and as I searched there is a typewriter action. However, I dont know how to set it. I made my dialogue text using TextMesh Pro UGUI Set.
Is there a way to do this?

Sosiska

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Text appear letter by letter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 01:51:21 AM »
Yes, you can achieve a typewriter effect for your dialogue text using TextMesh Pro and PlayMaker in Unity. First, ensure you have the TextMesh Pro and PlayMaker plugins installed. Then, use weed seeds amazon reviews the 'TextMesh Pro UGUI Set' action to create your text object. After that, look for a 'Typewriter' effect action in PlayMaker or create a custom script to gradually display the text letter by letter. This may involve programming a coroutine in C# that updates the text of the TextMesh Pro component at set intervals.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:40:16 AM by Sosiska »

LeDisciple

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 08:29:57 PM »
Hi,
Save your "original" string  or text whatever you use (textmeshpro, text, etc.) you can use "getTextMeshPro Text" to save your text to a string , then make sure your UI text is empty and now use a loop  with "Get String Left" or Right if your are using Japanese or Arabic format ;) using your saved string with the "Char Count" increasing each loop and store result string and display this one into your empty Ui text zone and don't forget to use "wait" to get a pause between each display if not you'll get your text shown as whole in 0.001 sec...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:00:45 PM by LeDisciple »

Tina51129

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 10:47:16 PM »
Thank you. I still couldnt get it done. The letters only appear seperately, but always on the same spot, so its useless.  Its probably not the right way, but I guess Playmaker have its limits.
I used Set textMeshpro UGUI text by the way, the other one you mentioned didnt work.

Hi,
Save your "original" string  or text whatever you use (textmeshpro, text, etc.) you can use "getTextMeshPro Text" to save your text to a string , then make sure your UI text is empty and now use a loop  with "Get String Left" or Right if your are using Japanese or Arabic format ;) using your saved string with the "Char Count" increasing each loop and store result string and display this one into your empty Ui text zone and don't forget to use "wait" to get a pause between each display if not you'll get your text shown as whole in 0.001 sec...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:43:45 AM by Tina51129 »