PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Activating objects between scenes

<< < (2/2)

verybinary:
Ah, I assumed it had something to do with garbage disposal. Everything I've done has been offline and "so what if you hack it", but still thrifty with globals, only used generally for a few that the settingsmenu prefab sets. Everything else on prefabs that will definitely be active when the variables will be used.

And was that video talking about a scene that held game managers and additive scene loaders? I've been adding an "on every scene" prefab with game managers and such while loading scenes as I needed them. But using a gamemanager scene to load everything on top of, could be beneficial(pending performance tests). Was that even what the video is talking about?

djaydino:
Hi.

--- Quote ---Everything I've done has been offline and "so what if you hack it"
--- End quote ---
I said actually 'One of the reasons'
Using to many Globals make the project messy (especially on bigger projects)
You can't rename globals.
and i mean when you release your game on a platform, it is a lot easier for cheat engines to hack your game. :)

--- Quote ---And was that video talking about a scene that held game managers and additive scene loaders?
--- End quote ---
It was just a sample on how you can use scenes a different way

You can for example setup a scene with the player and with the ui (score health and so on) and have the player fsm connected to the ui and use other scenes for the level and or other things.

But i think we are getting off topic here on reveille's post. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version