playMaker

Author Topic: PlaymakerPhotonProxy ERROR[SOLVED]  (Read 30264 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PlaymakerPhotonProxy ERROR[SOLVED]
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2017, 03:08:22 AM »
Hi,

ok, so finaly, I am getting down to understand what's going on, sorry, I was blind to this for some very odd reasons.

So, until I update the package, in "PlayMaker PUN/Resources/PlayMaker Photon Proxy” remove the observed fsm ( simply select the observed entry and press delete),

Bye,

Jean

human890209

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
Hi,
I got this error, too.
And I looked up PUN's documentation. It says "A PhotonView can be set to observe a MonoBehaviour. In this case, the script's OnPhotonSerializeView method will be called. "
I searched PlaymakerPhotonProxy.cs and there is no "OnPhotonSerializeView" Method in there. So I just delete the PlaymakerPhotonProxy.cs in the ObservedComponents list.
Problem Solved!
If Only use RPCs, the photonmonobehavior doesn't need to be observed by the PhotonView at all.
I don't know how FSM's Network Synced Variable are synced by RPC or OnPhotonSerializeView, I only use RPC. So I delete it from the ObservedComponents List.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2017, 02:59:47 AM »
Hi,

You need to get the latest version of PlayMaker PUN package and this will be corrected, can you confirm you are working with the latest version?

Bye,

Jean

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »
Sorry to bump this up, but have had this error popping up for a while now, and now I'm nearing a release build, figure it's important to get these errors stamped out. I've tried deleting the PUN folders, PlayMaker PUN, and Array Maker etc. as suggested earlier in the thread, and reinstalled/updated all of the above, but the error still pops up on the host every time a player joins/spawns. The only thing that does seem to remove the error is to remove the Playmaker Photon Proxy script from the Observed Components of that prefab as suggested above, but I'm not sure what other issues this might cause. Is it safe to do this, or is there another recommendation? Thanks!

Edit: Just to update, I've been using it with the observed component removed for the past couple days and from what I can see, all seems to be working just fine. I don't understand exactly what the Photon Proxy script does/handles though, so not sure if it'll come back to haunt me down the line
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:34:02 AM by Kathar »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 06:16:55 AM »
Hi,

you might have had a glitch where you needed to alter things up.

Can you make a screenshot of your photon proxy?

Bye,

Jean

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »
Hi,

you might have had a glitch where you needed to alter things up.

Can you make a screenshot of your photon proxy?

Bye,

Jean

Thanks Jean! Screenshot below for you:

I have been using it without an observed component for a good week or so now though, and all seems to be working okay - or I haven't noticed any issues at least. (Well, I do get the odd "not allowed to be called during serialization" error, but it doesn't specify that game object, and might be entirely unrelated, I'm just looking into that now.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2018, 01:53:02 AM »
Hi,

uhm, no you do need the photonView to observe the PlayMakerPhotonProxy otherwise the Fsm that you set to network synch will not be synch... It's odd that it works. Maybe you have two photon proxy in your scene?

Bye,

Jean

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
Hi,

uhm, no you do need the photonView to observe the PlayMakerPhotonProxy otherwise the Fsm that you set to network synch will not be synch... It's odd that it works. Maybe you have two photon proxy in your scene?

Bye,

Jean
Ohh okay that's odd - I've tried searching both in the Editor and during Play mode, but I don't seem to have any duplicates of it in my scenes. Networking syncing is definitely working though, I have quite a few variables for each player and they're syncing just fine. I'll try looking into it a bit further and see if I come up with anything. Thanks for your help so far, really appreciated!