PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Sound Manager Pro

<< < (2/8) > >>

Rabagast:

--- Quote ---Make sure all your audio clips start and end at 0 volume
--- End quote ---
What is the best way to set up the audio clip so it starts and end at 0 volume?

--- Quote ---Another thing i saw is pooling sound so if there are more than x sounds going on fade out 1 (usually the one that was started longest ago.
--- End quote ---
And how can I fade out the sound in this case?

And the sound crack has nothing to do with SoundManager Pro anyway. It's not what I need help with. It's to avoid sound crack when I go crazy on a lot of asteroids with the triple shot weapon. :)

Rabagast:
Another thing I tried to do, is to edit the sound in an sample program like Audiocity. Reduce the Amplify a bit. It helped. I need to reduce it a little bit more.

Doesn't Unity has an audio mixer? I never tried it before. Do you think I can make something there so it sounds better?

djaydino:
Hi,
Sorry i almost never do audio myself, so i have very little knowledge about it :)

Fat Pug Studio:

--- Quote from: Rabagast on January 30, 2018, 04:52:26 PM ---Another thing I tried to do, is to edit the sound in an sample program like Audiocity. Reduce the Amplify a bit. It helped. I need to reduce it a little bit more.

Doesn't Unity has an audio mixer? I never tried it before. Do you think I can make something there so it sounds better?

--- End quote ---

It's not all about reducing volume, you need to use compression, sidechain compression and eq.

Rabagast:

--- Quote ---It's not all about reducing volume, you need to use compression, sidechain compression and eq.
--- End quote ---

Hi!

Will that help to reduce the crackling sound? And can I do this in Unity or do I need to use for example Audiocity?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version