playMaker

Author Topic: Install Playmaker  (Read 9390 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Install Playmaker
« on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »
Ok i just purchased Playmaker and imported it into my project but it did not show up in my menus anywhere.... so i tried moving the files around to where i thought they should go like i had to do with iTween before and maybe another one... not sure why they dont move to the proper folders but anyway... I am new to Unity and still dont quite understand these things..

So i moved them around and now i have a menu item under Component but nothing else.. And my EZ GUI menu item is now gone. And i have a conflict with iTween...

Any ideas?

I did do a search on the Unity Forum and Answers and here..

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Install Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »
Sometimes Unity doesn't update the menu bar until you click it, or even restart Unity. Don't move the files around, because they won't update properly when you import an update from the asset store!

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
Ok so i deleted all the files and then imported from the store and now i have nothing again and EZ Gui is gone again.??
 I restarted Unity a few times and clicked on the menus as well?
Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
So i just tried making a new project instead and imported playMaker and iTween and then EZGui and Sprite manager... worked just fine... But what to do with my current project. Maybe i just import the assets and start over. I was just doing some learning anyway. Good chance to clean up the files a bit

But i still dont know why it did not install properly?

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »
I dont mind making a new project but is there a way to import my objects complete with materials into a new project..

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
Hmm i will try making a prefab and then exporting a package then importing... all new to me. Hope that the new project with everything works ok.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »
You shouldn't need to make a prefab - just select the assets and export a unitypackage (with include dependencies).

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
ok thanks will give that a try!

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »
Well making new prefabs will allow me to correct the fact that i broke the original prefabs so for my instance it makes sense...

Thanks again. Not sure why i could not install into my current project but i think i can get running in a new project so that works i think.

Now i just need to make some big progress with playMaker.