playMaker

Author Topic: Auri's Tales - New 3D adventure & platformer made mostly with Playmaker!  (Read 2590 times)

DadsIndieStudio

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi!

We are a dad and a mom making Auri's Tales under the name of Dad's Indie Studio. Auri's Tales is a tiny game made with love and very few resources and we can say that without Playmaker this game wasn't never have existed.

We are making this game in our free time, just for the pleasure of doing it. We are in love with the idea of leaving it behind as a gift to our daughter, and we like to imagine that one day ​she will play a little 3D adventure designed by her fathers and placed in a fantasy world that is based on our own life.

Auri’s Tales is a tiny 3D adventure in which players will need to find the way to the castle to complete the game.​ The whole game will be contained in one single level that works as a mini open world that players can freely explore and evokes to the classic 3D platformers.

Jim Henson's Labyrinth, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Prince, The legend of Zelda, Mario 64, Conker Reloaded or Dark Souls are some of the influences that inspire this game in different ways.

Thank you for your fantastic tool that truly democratized game development.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
Looks nice, but the early access video does not show much gameplay.
i would suggest to add some more gameplay to get more attention form people :)

DadsIndieStudio

• Playmaker Newbie
Thank you so much for your feedback! You are totally right, in this early stage my reasoning was to put the focus on what can be more interesting to show right now (the environment), but as soon as I have my character with all the skills (dash, swim, many different jumps, glide, fly...) I'll update the trailer accordingly!

Caranna00

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Auri's Tales - New 3D adventure & platformer made mostly with Playmaker!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 03:38:24 AM »
That was really a good suggestion. Players always want an impression of the gameplay too.
I'm looking forward to seeing how your project develops. It looks really good for a project in your free time and the idea of leaving it behind for your daughter is really touching :)

P.S. The atmosphere kind of reminds me of the Winx Club Game from Konami I played as a kid. I absolutely loved that game back then.