playMaker

Author Topic: Load asset bundle.  (Read 4538 times)

psyche

• Playmaker Newbie
Load asset bundle.
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
Hi everyone.

Is there a way to load an asset bundle using playmaker.
I'm tryind to find a way to load an asset bundle and keeping my other Fsm referencing the object contained
in my asset bundle.
I hope it's clear enough for you to understand.
If anyone has an idea of how it can works.

Thanks...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Load asset bundle.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
Hi,

I don't see any actions to deal with bundles. but It would not be difficult to build custom actions for this. I simply can not currently to commit into this unfortunately during my free time. but if no one step in with some custom actions, please do get back to me mid july, I will then have more time.

As far as referencing fsm in the loaded assets once loaded and instantiated in the scene, this should not be a problem, and would follow the same rules as if you'd instantiated a prefab:

When the fsm is loading, The fsm fires and global event like "HELLO EVERYONE" to any current Fsm in the scene to pick up. Using the "Get Event Info" you can get a reference of the gameObject and fsm Name.

Bye,

Jean

psyche

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:32:38 AM »
I'm Back!

Thanks Jeanfabre for your answer. Haven't find anything regarding the asset bundle loading, neither a way to do it myself. As a graphic artist my programming skills are not that good, a little help would be welcomed.
By the way "JeanFabre" are you french?

thanks by advance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 05:36:35 AM »
oui, je suis français :)

I am sorry,I haven't got the time to properly look at it currently, I have several pending third party tools that I have committed to ( touch input, target pro, hotween, rage pixel, monosqlite...) to port first, so get back to me end of august or something like that. If this is part of a project with a budget, get back to me to see what we can arrange.

bye,

Jean

psyche

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:26:16 AM »
Always need some help on this one, I don't understand why I can't load asset bundles in my level. Even if I use a WWW. class to load an assetbundle from a directory nothing seems to happen. I think, I don't understand the process, and make a mistake...

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ced.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:18:02 AM by psyche »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:11:21 AM »
Hi,

This is not really related to playmaker itself I think. It's likely a wrong bundling.

What tool are you using to bundle your assets?
Are you bundle the assets using the right platforms? they are not compatible between each others most of the time

bye,

Jean