playMaker

Author Topic: Failed to unpersist: MeshFilter ID: -970228 FileID: 1353613128  (Read 3484 times)

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Failed to unpersist: MeshFilter ID: -970228 FileID: 1353613128
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:28:40 AM »
Hi.

I encounter a nasty bug that might be Playmaker related. Some gameobject are sometimes destroyed during gameplay (not supposed to in the first place) and these changes are kept afterward meaning the user can save an incomplete scene without realizing it.

This bug have been present since I updated to 2017.3 and I failed to notice a pattern about it. It seems the gameobject having a Playmaker FSM are more affected but I'm not sure as they are be the most noticeable when missing.

I sent a bug report to Unity about it and also send it here as I'm not sure how much Playmaker is involved.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Failed to unpersist: MeshFilter ID: -970228 FileID: 1353613128
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:23:39 AM »
Hi,

I am not making sense of your description, but I'd like to repro this.

- how does GameObject are destroyed?
- how can change be kept afterwards, play mode doesn't keep changes when you stop the playback right? If that's what you encounter, this is indeed a very bad bug.

- Are these gameobject prefab instances?
- Do you run several scenes in your hierarchy?

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:11:13 AM »
Hi Jean and thanks for your answer.

- how does GameObject are destroyed?
No idea yet. It's too random to pinpoint a cause at the moment.

- how can change be kept afterwards, play mode doesn't keep changes when you stop the playback right? If that's what you encounter, this is indeed a very bad bug.
That's why I submitted the bug to Unity a well :(. This should not be possible in the first place but that's what is happening. It looks like a screw up in the editor but since I noticed gameobjects with FSM might be the only one affected, I also had to report the issue here.

- Are these gameobject prefab instances?
I don't think they are but I'll keep you updated if I notice such a pattern.

- Do you run several scenes in your hierarchy?
I do.

I hope this helps.

I havent' heard anything from Unity yet. If you need to contact them about it, the bug report number is 989698.

Thanks again.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 01:22:23 AM »
Hi,

... The whole 2017 progression went worse and worse in terms of such weird bugs.. We are facing so much weird difficulties with 2017 ( noot just PlayMaker, but in general)... Hopefully 2018 will be better, but I am concerned actually... Maybe the new versionning system from Unity is getting in the way of quality...

- Are you using Templates, global variables around the object the persits?

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 12:38:23 PM »
Hi Jean, sorry, I missed your anwser.

I don't think I used templates on the affected game objects. I also alsmost forgot this bug and don't think I encountered it ever since. Hopfully it was due to a local issue.

Thanks again.