playMaker

Author Topic: need help in making a simple game  (Read 1415 times)

jesimielxd

• Playmaker Newbie
need help in making a simple game
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »
hi guys im new to playmaker, please i need help on how to create a game like this https://www.sellmyapp.com/downloads/flushpop/
thanks. please if you can help me or be my guide i would really appreciate it.

daniellogin

Re: need help in making a simple game
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:07:08 AM »
First you will want to understand the way Play Maker works. Not specifics about exact parts, but to get the general idea of how you tie parts together.

I started watching this tutorial series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9VwsVtbgFU

I didn't even watch the whole series because it helped a lot to understand, and from there I could use logic and quick searches (along with some questions here) to get the right part needed to do the job.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 04:19:51 AM »
Hi,
You can find many more tutorials to get familiar with playmaker on the User Tutorial Wiki Page

agito1987

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:35:05 AM »
This is super easy ;D

But do just like daniellogin said and go trhoug a couple of tutorials so u understand the basics.

There are multiple ways you could set this up.
I would do it as follows:

Player only goes left right.
set up a row of parent objects with inside the different color combinations.
The colors inside will have the 2d colliders. the parents fsm activates the children based on a random number. (random number generator) those numbers you will associate with the children.
this way you will have random colors active.

all of this is inside the main parent that moves to the bottom via translate.
once out of the screen at the bottom disable and set position back to the top. activate again and you will have a new collum that moves down.

For the player u simply use a couple of collider actions check own color vs color hit.
This is the overall idea I would use. Of course, there are more things to do than I have listed here.

Hope this helps.