playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker & Ultimate FPS Camera Kit by VisionPunk[SOLVED]  (Read 3930 times)

SubZero

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker & Ultimate FPS Camera Kit by VisionPunk[SOLVED]
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
Hi again,

recently I bought the Ultimate FPS Camera Kit by VisionPunk and now I tried to run a project using both the Camera Kit and Playmaker. To be honest, they don't like each other very well. You get very strange behavior once having setup the camera controller! The problem is that Playmaker and the camera controller are fighting each other for the control over the cursor which results in lags in editor mode and in crash in standalone mode.

Deactivating the "control cursor" feature within the Playmaker GUI prefab resolves this issue however I am losing the control over my UI aswell. It would be excellent if I could find a way to have the smooth camera feature provided by visionpunk in combination with the gui control provided by Playmaker.

Well I am not that much a scripting guy (one more reason to love Playmaker) but this is really giving me a headacke so any help with how I get these two to play nicely with each other, is appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:53:40 AM by jeanfabre »

copenhagenjazz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker & Ultimate FPS Camera Kit by VisionPunk
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
Any thoughts on this issue from Hutongs side? :)

Trying to get a door working using a "Mouse Pick Event" and it seems to get completely ignored as UFPS takes control of the mouse.

Anyone got a solution for this? UFPS is a great package and so is Playmaker - if only they would play along nicely.

Thanks

copenhagenjazz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker & Ultimate FPS Camera Kit by VisionPunk
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
Hi guys

I have now found a solution - yay! :)

The problem was twofold;

1; The "Mouse pick event" doesnt really seem to work for me in Playmaker. Instead I used the regular "Mouse Pick" action together with a "Game Object Changed" action and a game object variable. An example of this can be found in the Playmaker sample scene; "AddForceToMouseOverObject". This seems to be a more reliable solution.

2; When I press the "Run game button" in Unity the mouse cursor is still not locked by UFPS. It only locks when you actually press somewhere inside the game window. However Playmaker detects the mouse cursor from the instant you run the game and this inconsistency caused my testing to be fairly random.

Hope my experience can help someone in a similar situation.

Cheers