PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Can't get consistent jump height at different framerates

<< < (2/3) > >>

MarkD:
Thanks Jean!

I thought I was following you, but in practice it doesn't seem to be working for me.  Maybe my setup is wrong? 

jeanfabre:
Hi,

you need to add the delta time to a variable "time" if you use the raw delta time, it will always be a very small number ( the actual duration of that update frame)

Bye,

Jean

MarkD:
That's definitely put me on to the right path, though I'm still having some trouble with aspects of it.  Typing out the issue is hard, so I made a quick video to show you what I'm doing. 

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLlWvDf3FrQ
Can you see what I'm doing wrong here?

jeanfabre:
Hi,

ok, two things:

- your curve float is not setup properly, I missed that in the original post

if your curve is spanning over the right amount of time, don't put anything in time and speed, simply let it run on its own, the action will do that for you. if however you want to constraint the curve over a define duration of say 5 seconds, put 5 in the time value, and it will take 5 seconds for the float to go from start to end values using the curve.

- regardless of the above point, get rid of the delta time action, and tick the box "per second" on the add float action, this will be actually a lot simpler, however for the sake of learning, you could still try to do that manually so that you fully understand the delta time value, ( the per seconds does just that, it multiplies by the delta time).

Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean

MarkD:
Hi Jean - thanks for that explanation and I think may have improved things a bit, but I'm still seem to be lost a bit.  I made another video to help explain.  Btw - if there's something more I can show you, please let me know.  Really appreciate your time in helping with this!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=99zigrGLxPo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version