playMaker

Author Topic: set self as gameobject variable/ecosystem package  (Read 2053 times)

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
set self as gameobject variable/ecosystem package
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:59:17 AM »
edited. non relevant part posted below just for posterity

and secondary request. a package of all ecosystem actions? as of now, every once in a while, I connect my computer to the internet(ensuring an epic battle with windows update(I update in between projects though), open my "ecosystem" project, open the ecosystem, and search for every letter to find actions I don't have, import them, go into the file, delete all meta, and add actions to a folder that I drag into all my projects.
a bi-monthy(?) zip that contains an all in one download would be amazing.
how do you feel about this? are you willing to do it? or even host a package if I gave you mine and kept it updated?

this is the edited part. i happened to come across get owner. keeping it here just because.
as of now, I usually give this object a child, get parent, save as variable, destroy self(child). but I cant find "self" on the set gameobject action, or an action from the ecosystem(I have a local folder with all ecosystem actions I drag into all my projects)
any possibility of adding self to set gameobject, or a completely new action?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:05:26 AM by verybinary »

Deek

Re: set self as gameobject variable/ecosystem package
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
There are actually GitHub repositories that contain all Ecosystem actions divided into different Unity releases (currently U4, U5 and U2017). You would just need to download them as a .zip, extract them to the same folder and under 'Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions' you would have all actions that are also prevalent in the Ecosystem.
That's still a bit of manual labor, but seems to be more feasible than entering each letter into the Ecosystem and dowloading each action manually.

Even though the packages are also in a separate repository, it should be better/faster to download those from the Ecosystem.

Additionally, any actions that requires another third party asset are in the misc repository, but from there you should be careful to only include those actions of which asset you have in your project, otherwise you'll find yourself with a lot of errors.

It might also be possible to use GitHub yourself and clone those repositories into your project to shorten the process.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:16:54 PM by Deek »