playMaker

Author Topic: Why Playmaker and not Bolt  (Read 54776 times)

FredJ

• Playmaker Newbie
    • moviebox
Re: Why Playmaker and not Bolt
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2020, 11:09:01 AM »
Bolt 2.x And Playmaker Combine !

Step 1. Use Bolt 2.x Making PM Action.

Step 2. Bolt 2.x Export C# Script .

Step 3. apply C# Script For Playmaker Action .

All visual scripting Done , Combine apply !
Thanks for the steps

Mika

• Playmaker Newbie
    • moviebox pro
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2020, 08:02:10 AM »
Playmaker is not a networking solution, but rather a coding solution.

Photon, uMMO are networking solutions. Even if you have Photon or uMMO, you still need to code your game in unity.

If you havent made any games before, I would suggest first trying to make a few test projects that  are single player first. You will first need to learn the fundamentals of playmaker or c# in order to make the actual game itself.
Yes, You are correct, I got lot of experience with Playmaker also I had C# little knowledge however it's good for starting I mean beginners.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:08:21 AM by Mika »

ubailey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 04:35:18 PM »
I don't know any games built in bolt, but i know countless games made in playmaker.

AdamLG

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2021, 06:15:27 PM »
Old post, but thought I would share my thoughts.

I came over from using Construct 2/3, game making software. Although I have learned a lot about coding in my short three years with these, I am no coder at all!

I started doing tutorials with Bolt. For weeks I struggled! I was left so disheartened... Then I looked at a few tutorials from Playmaker. I bought it many years ago but didn't touch it. That is when I ended up choosing Construct. So it was still new to me really.

Playmaker comes so naturally to me! It is so quick to learn. I am over the moon that it is this simple - and yet so powerful and has so many addons for assets too!