PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Unity 2018 compatibility?

<< < (2/6) > >>

djaydino:
Hi.
Playmaker 1.9 is in the final testing stage, so hopefully it will be released in the next few days (depending on unity also as they will review before accepting an update)

Alex Chouls:

--- Quote from: NvdS on May 07, 2018, 06:42:37 AM ---I'm running into a problem in 2018.1 version as well. Importing Playmaker from the asset store fails. From the menu I only get the tools and install playmaker option. Installing playmaker doesn't help....

--- End quote ---

Make sure you update while running Unity 2018.1 before importing. Note, there are bugs with the Asset Store showing Import instead of Update and also not getting the correct package for the current version of Unity. But once you manage to get the latest package it is compatible with 2018.1!

You can also manually delete the PlayMaker/Actions/ProceduralMaterial folder to get an older project to work in 2018.1. 2018.1 removed built in support for Substance materials.

One other thing: 2018.1 changed the way it renders textures in the editor. If Project Settings > Player > Color Space is set to Gamma (now the default?) Playmaker editor texture will look a little bright! You can switch to Linear, or wait for 1.9.0 to fix this issue...

mekjal:
Hi Alex - any ETA on 1.9?  Do you happen to have an update list of changes?

andgeno:
Hi, I'd like to ask what the status is for v1.9. :-)

Alex Chouls:
We're finishing up the beta. We have a release candidate and I'm hoping we can get it out this week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version