playMaker

Author Topic: Unable to install custom actions  (Read 1536 times)

cats00eye

• Playmaker Newbie
Unable to install custom actions
« on: May 06, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
I imported the Ecosystem Browser and tried to import the custom action ArrayListFindGameObjectsInsideCollider. The action then shows up in the Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\ArrayMaker folder but it does not appear in the Action Browser and dragging the action directly to the state window doesn't work. Is there some incompatibility I don't know about or have I missed something stupid? I'm using Unity 5.3.8p2 and Playmaker 1.8.9.f1.
An error in the inspector for the action says "No MonoBehaviour scripts in the file, or their names do not match the file name."
Also "Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/ArrayMaker/ArrayListFindGameObjectsInsideCollider.cs(12,63): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ArrayListActions' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:13:01 AM by cats00eye »

Deek

Re: Unable to install custom actions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
Since the Ecosystem consist of a lot of user submitted actions, there are also some which require additional PlayMaker packages or third party plugins, which you kind of have to figure out by their name or the error that shows up when you try to implement them.
In this case you need the ArrayMaker package (for every ArrayList or HashTable action), which you can also get from the Ecosystem or download from here and which will solve your second error.
Because you probably don't have any experience with ArrayMaker, I'd suggest that you watch a tutorial video like this one, before trying to use it.

The other error says that this particular action has a different class name than the file name, which means that you have to open the "ArrayListFindGameObjectsInsideCollider.cs" (or whatever it might be called in your Assets folder), look for the word that stands after "class" and make sure that the file name matches that.
That might be still a little mistake in that one action and its 2D counterpart.

If this was your first experience using the Ecosystem, than it didn't look like a pleasant one; but be assured that it's usually not that finicky, just that you immediately used one of the few actions that require additional dependencies.  ::)

cats00eye

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unable to install custom actions
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »
Thanks for replying to both my threads. I'll try these things if and when I ever get Playmaker installed. Although I should say, I added a dozen or so random actions to see if there was any pattern, and I had the same result with all of them. I did check the name in the code and it did seem to match. But I can't provide any screenshots or evidence until I get Playmaker installed. I appreciate your help, though.