playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] A Click and Drag box.  (Read 3002 times)

Athin

[SOLVED] A Click and Drag box.
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:31:26 AM »
Hey everyone.

Hoping to get some help again here.  Basically I just need to be able to click and drag to make a selection box to select everything from within.  I got ideas on how to make it all work except for the actual drag box.  My first idea was to make a simple semi transparent cube with a collision box on it.  When you click down it spawns the cube and then  extends by following the mouse.  Problem is I don't know how to do that and I can't seem to find anything when searching the web (that solved it at least).  Can someone let me know if I'm on a good track or point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:57:59 PM by Athin »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: A Click and Drag box.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »
Hi.
I have been looking to some unity tutorials and i will see if i can make a Playmaker version (tutorial) for this.
But it might take a few weeks as i have some other priorities at the moment (work)
please bump if i did not reply in 2 weeks.

Athin

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:01:13 PM »
Looking into this issue more, I kept seeing people referring to an example in ArrayMaker but seems as though the example was lost in the newer versions. After digging deeper into the forums I was able to find this thread giving a link to an example!  I'll post it here for others as well to find easier.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=12454.0

This is a very good start to my questions but the only problem is that it seems to expand a GUI layout rather then a 3D Cube for the selection box. I was hoping to find an example to expand a trigger box as this would work better for my current project.  I'm continuing to explore ways to make it happen and will post again here for others if I find a way. Unless someone beats me to it :P

Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:04:07 AM by Athin »

Athin

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »
Giving the 2 week bump :)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 06:48:33 PM »
Hi.
Sorry that it takes long, i will work on it tomorrow.

(Added to my to do list for tomorrow ;) )

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 11:38:33 AM »
Hi.
Sorry i did not have time to make a proper tutorial but i did manage to make a video to explain how to :

Athin

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:07:02 PM »
Had a quick watch of this Video.  This looks like it will be perfect for what I need.  I'll have to DL this video if its alright to watch on my plane ride tomorrow (15 hours of flying  :-[ )  Will definitely give me something to do now though on that ride.

Thanks so much for this!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: [SOLVED] A Click and Drag box.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 10:31:40 AM »
Hi.
Happy to help :)