playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker menu missing after 1.9 update + console errors  (Read 2079 times)

radiumskull

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker menu missing after 1.9 update + console errors
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
Finally got the 1.9 update to reach the Import stage, but the PlayMaker menu is still missing from the Unity Main Menu. (it's been MIA since I updated to Unity 2018.1.1)

If clearing the compile errors will fix this, then I need help fixing this one:
Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(372,33): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete

I'm not using Procedural Materials in my project, it's just those two lines in PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs holding me up.

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Re: Playmaker menu missing after 1.9 update + console errors
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:41:41 PM »
I just updated the same way, and am having the same issue.

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(372,33): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

Here are more errors, and I think they're related? Does OP also get these?

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ProceduralMaterial/RebuildTextures.cs(45,56): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in s....ore.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ProceduralMaterial/SetProceduralFloat.cs(53,56): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-i.. Store.'

etc. more errors for different variable types.

Also, i installed allegorithmic's external importer.
Also, I had no idea I was using any Substances and don't know how to locate them. I use Shader Forge. --probably Shader Graph now that that exists.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:49:14 PM by westingtyler »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 02:00:33 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker Utils is part of the ecosystem and wiki, not part of the PlayMaker package you get from the asset store.

simply update your addons, you have arrayMaker, or something right?

Bye,

Jean

radiumskull

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:43 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Jean.

Yes, my project originally had Ecosystem installed, as well as ArrayMaker. I didn't know PlayMaker Utils was part of that, so I thought re-importing the Ecosystem package would fix this. But no.

Re-importing Ecosystem introduced 14 new compile errors in addition to the 3 Procedural Materials errors. Saving and restarting Unity made it go back to those original 3, but still no PlayMaker menu available.

Not really sure where to go from here. I'm trying to generate an exported version of my project that doesn't include the problem code. So far no success, but this may help. Let me know if you have other ideas, please. I'm probably looking at rebuilding the whole thing if I can't resolve this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:37:54 AM by radiumskull »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:36:28 AM »
Hi,

ok, I can confirm that all is well ( fresh project, imported playmaker, ecosystem and got arraymaker, no error), I think you need to clean up your project.

simply delete PlayMaker Utils folder for a start and import arrayMaker again, does that fix things up?

Bye,

Jean

radiumskull

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:48:45 AM »
Hey Jean, no it doesn't fix things. Removing the PlayMakerUtils folder just generates more errors. Still no PlayMaker menu.

The central issue is, with the errors happening PlayMaker can't fully initiate, which means (at least in my case) no PlayMaker menu at the top. No PlayMaker menu, no Ecosystem; no Ecosystem, no PlayMaker Utils.

I guess it would be possible to manually replace Ecosystem and PlayMaker Utils, but it would be great if there were an easier way.

I think that all my project needs is for the three Procedural Materials errors to go away. According to PlayMaker people, that's what's holding up the PlayMaker menu. And if all those errors point to the same script, referenced in my first post, wouldn't replacing that script eliminate the errors?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:23:25 PM by radiumskull »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 02:59:28 AM »
Hi,

yes, you need to delete the PlayMaker utils and import ArrayMaker again from the Ecosystem. You must have PlayMaker Utils, but you have an old version, you need to update it. Installing ArrayMaker will get you the latest version of PlayMaker utils.

Unity do not allow Editors to function properly while there are errors in the console, it's very annoying, and so yes PlayMaker menu won't be there.

replacing the script to remove the error means reinstalling playmaker utils, or manually removing the offending lines, if you are ok with opening the script ( double click on the error, you can simply comment out the lines giving you the error, but you need to know scripting a bit to not create more errors...

Bye,

Jean