playMaker

Author Topic: Errors when building after update [SOLVED]  (Read 1542 times)

bess2k2

• Playmaker Newbie
Errors when building after update [SOLVED]
« on: June 28, 2018, 12:02:32 AM »
After updating to 1.86 I started to receive the errors below but it didnt prevent me from playing the game in the Editor. Now when trying to build I cant because the errors below. I updated to 1.90 and no fix. Then used the playmaker tools and nothing.
Any help to get rid of these?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:50:12 PM by djaydino »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Errors when building after update
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 05:39:39 AM »
Hi,
You mean 1.8.6 probably.

Did you follow the instruction in the pre-update check and did it say to remove certain folders/files/actions?

Do you have a backup from your project?

If not, maybe best is to remove playmaker and reinstall.
Before you do : Make A Backup!

If you use global variables, you will need to export the Playmaker Globals.

https://i.imgur.com/AU1eOiI.png

Then remove all folders with PlayMaker in it.
(look also inside the Plugins folder)

Then import/install playmaker

if after importing, the installer did not work.
Go to Playmaker/Editor/Install and select the playmaker package to install.

Then from the playmaker menu you can import your globals and in playmaker/tools select update All Fsm's in Build.

bess2k2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
Thank you Djaydino! Yes I meant 1.86. My brain was fried last night.

Great news I fixed it! I had to erase an old prefab that had a fsm attached to it.

Alex Chouls wrote in a very old post

“If you're seeing action loading errors in the build, but not the editor, it's usually because actions have changed since FSMs that used them were last saved. Those FSMs need to be re-saved.

This is because of a performance optimization in Playmaker that works like this:

When action data is loaded in the editor, it tries to maintain parameters in actions that have changed. E.g., fields that existed previously keep their values and new fields get default values. When you re-save this FSM the action data is then consistent with the current version of the action.

However, when action data is loaded in a standalone build, Playmaker does not perform these checks - it assumes the data has been saved with the most current version of the action.

So if you have old prefabs using old versions of the action, or rarely loaded scenes which were last saved with old versions of the action, then you might see these kinds of errors.

I'm thinking about a better way to handle this, but haven't thought of anything yet... I'll put a suggested fix in the error message at least... :/“

Looks like that was the issue.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:49:48 PM »
Hi.
I guess my suggestion was a bit of an overkill  :o

Thanks for sharing your solution, i am happy you found it and where able to fix it :)