PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Core Gamekit/Pool Boss trouble[SOLVED]

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fat Pug Studio:
Ah, here's the thing, i don't know if it is a bug or unwanted behaviour.

I tried disabling all the objects in the scene view that contain any FSM components same thing happens. I wandered around logs and tried some playmaker debugging, and here's how it goes:

1. PoolBoss instantiates an Object 1 which is in the PoolBoss. Object is deactivated of course.

2. Object 1 has an FSM, which is NOT DISABLED, but SHOULD NOT start processing while object is not active, at least that was the case in 1.8.5 i worked in.

3. FSM on Object 1 has Core Game Kit Pool Boss Spawn action that should spawn Object 2, but i get
"Could not spawn Object 2" error.

Anyway, FSM's shouldn't actually fire at all while the gameobject is deactivated as far as i know. I don't know if Unity changed something, or Brian changed something, but if the objects in the pool are active in the project, and then pooled on runtime, are they instantiated then deactivated, or are they instantiated deactivated? I don't know, i've asked Brian about that too.

It makes sense to me that object active in the project will be instantiated as active then deactivated, but why is this happening in latest version and not in 1.8.5?

Fat Pug Studio:
Well, here's what he says:

I don't believe you can instantiate deactivated. Clones are instantiated and then immediately deactivated afterward. What happens is awake gets called in each thing that's instantiated, also on disabled will get called. The stack Trace shows that FSM is getting entered during the awake and your initial state is trying to do a pool boss custom action. But pool boss is not done being instantiated.

I'll try it out in a fresh project too.

Fat Pug Studio:
I tested it in empty project with only two objects pooled, and yes, i get the pool boss initialization thing if i spawn things too fast, and that's ok, but i don't understand how come that doesn't appear in earlier versions. I checked if logging is enabled in pool boss, everything is exactly the same.

Here's the thing, FSM starts on a pooled item in 1.9.0, and it doesn't start in 1.8.5.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

yes, that's odd indeed... it could bbe that things inside the action needs to be moved inside the Awake() and not inside OnEnter()

Bye,

Jean

Fat Pug Studio:
I'll try it out myself, but be sure to contact Brian anyway since everyone with 1.9.0 will have the same problem, making the plugin useless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version