playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Events not firing  (Read 1163 times)

StevoFx

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker Events not firing
« on: June 17, 2021, 01:08:05 PM »
Hello,

I have a weird issue where sometimes events don't fire off so the state machine does not progress to the next state. As shown in the attachment, I have a next frame event, a wait action and a finished transition yet it stays stuck on the same state forever. This happens even if I use just one action I just put both in the screenshot as an example.

What is even more strange is it only happens some of the time. I can drag the exact same prefab into the scene and some of them work and some don't. I've been using Playmaker for a few years now and never had this issue! There are no errors in the console.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Playmaker Events not firing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 03:09:29 PM »
I don't get what are you trying to achieve, next frame event will always fire before the wait timer is up.

Does it work when putting only wait or next frame event in the state?
Available for Playmaker work

StevoFx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »
I put both to show how neither is firing an event as an example, if either one moved the FSM to the next state that would be fine but as shown in the screenshot neither of them seem to work. Any suggestions?

Peeter1978

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 08:30:24 AM »
They are finished. Both of them. What should that next stage be? At the moment it's impossible to say what You're trying to achieve.

StevoFx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 08:57:03 AM »
The next stage just initialises a script, but it doesn’t matter if it’s completely empty as you can see even when both actions are finished it doesn’t progress to the next state. That’s all I’m trying to achieve is the next frame event to move the FSM to the next state but it’s not firing the event. I’ve just tried to keep it simple as an example so that anyone looking to help can understand it easier and to rule out any other factors that could be causing the issue.

Peeter1978

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 09:05:58 AM »
Yeah, but when there's nothing happening and when You - meaning, the Player - doesn't do anything - then there's no reason to go to the next stage. Or am I missing something?

StevoFx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 09:51:27 AM »
It was my understanding that once you press play, an FSM should start and if the only action is next frame event then it would progress to the next state. My issue is that nothing happens and the FSM appears stuck on the state with the next frame event in. That’s as simple as I can explain it really, and I just don’t understand why it happens.

If you create a brand new project with just playmaker installed, and create an FSM with 2 states, the first only containing a next frame event, when you press play and look at the FSM you’ll be in the second state. My issue is that it doesn’t happen some of the time for me (seemingly random) so I’ve shown here that even the most basic FSM isn’t moving to the next state for me. I even showed how the wait action once complete also does not move to the next state. It shouldn’t matter what I’m trying to achieve as this is purely an example in its most basic form so that you can rule out something I’m doing wrong in a previous state for instance.