playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger collider still blocking  (Read 2056 times)

adami

• Playmaker Newbie
Trigger collider still blocking
« on: August 02, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »
Hi I've gone through documentation and watched a few youtube videos regarding triggers and colliders on meshes. My player control is just a cube with a camera attached to it. The cube has a rigidbody and box collider applied to it and my trigger is just another cube with a box collider set to "Is Trigger". Upon testing this it seems that my player controlled box cannot enter the trigger zone as if it is still blocking the geometry.

I've attempted switching my movement from apply force to Mouse pick and it still blocks my movement. Any suggestions why this is the case?

images supplied to explain.

Plancksize

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Trigger collider still blocking
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 09:03:15 AM »
That's so weird. You're saying that the trigger box collider is acting like a collider EVEN without using "apply force"?

The only thing I can think of is that the movement FSM will go into a "non-moving" state when the collision/trigger happens.

adami

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:46:49 AM »
That's so weird. You're saying that the trigger box collider is acting like a collider EVEN without using "apply force"?

The only thing I can think of is that the movement FSM will go into a "non-moving" state when the collision/trigger happens.

Yep, but this appears not to be an issue when using the character controller and +WASD . So how do people get around this scenario if they're using a click to move function instead?

Plancksize

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »

Yep, but this appears not to be an issue when using the character controller and +WASD . So how do people get around this scenario if they're using a click to move function instead?

A good way would be to create a 2nd FSM on that object that handle the trigger(s).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 03:13:29 AM »
Hi,

maybe you can send me your test scene, I'll have a look, it must be something very simple and overlooked.

Bye,

Jean