playMaker

Author Topic: Playing Animation  (Read 2214 times)

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
Playing Animation
« on: August 20, 2018, 02:17:05 PM »

I'm using the Invector Melee Combat template. It was necessary to create a PlayMaker FSM to handle the roll animation because I am assigning more than one item on a key. The problem I'm having is playing the roll animation.

I've tried the Actions: play animation, enable animation and add animation clip. Using Play Animation, under Anim Name if I select 'roll' it does not play the animation and gives a warning 'Missing animation: roll'. If I Add Animation Clip, it says 'vPlayer Instance' must be marked as Legacy.

What is the correct action to play an animation in this situation? I don't want to change to Legacy because I need it as Humanoid for the template to work correctly.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:29:32 PM by Dan »

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
Re: Playing Animation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
Didn't Invector template working with mecanim? You should not use "play animations" and so on, instead you need to insert your animation logic to the invector's mecanim animator. After that you can send commands to the animator via set animator trigger, for example.
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »
The Invector template does work with mecanim. It sounds more like I just don't know what I'm doing  :)

"...insert your animation logic to the invector's mecanim animator". Ok, I don't know how to do that but I will see if I can figure that out. Then I will have a look at the Set Animator Trigger. Thanks for the help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:01:13 AM »
Hi,

You should contact the publishers. Unfortunatly, I don't have any experience with this asset to be able to help you.

Bye,

Jean

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 04:49:41 AM »
Hi Jean,

Will do and thank you. I think I also need to learn more about animation and mecanim so I will spend some time there as well.

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »
Just in case, I also thought about tuning the Invector's template for my own need. And I believe that it's much more complicated task than it seems. Especially if you'r planning to use playmaker and don't touch the C# scripting part. It's very powerful locomotion/game mechanic framework but Invector hardcode all the logic inside the scripts and you must edit this scripts to achieve decent results.

So I'm highly not recommending to tweaking Melee Combat template with PlayMaker hooks like you trying to do right now. Instead, consider to start from building your very own character controller using the playmaker approach (there is plenty of good tutorials on youtube). Of course it will be a simple one in comparing with Invector's but it will give you a deeper understanding of how the mecanim controller logic works. And it will help you to understand how to tweak other controllers later.
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 01:55:59 PM »
I considered building my own controller with the help of a tutorial but I was concerned I would not get the results that I need. However, maybe I should build my own controller (with the help of a tutorial), in C# so I will have a much better idea of how to edit the Invector Melee Template. Thanks for the tip and I think you're right.