playMaker

Author Topic: Do you use LeanTween? Can I please ask a quick favor?  (Read 1116 times)

bkreeg

• Playmaker Newbie
Do you use LeanTween? Can I please ask a quick favor?
« on: November 06, 2018, 09:47:29 PM »
Hey. I need something specific in my game: I need to be able to have an object scale down while the player touches it, then stop scaling when the player walks away. If the player comes back, it resumes scaling.

iTween could do this but is clunky, and (after spending $50… yikes), I found that DoTween cannot. Before I spend another $50 on LeanTween, I’d really love to know if it allows you to STOP or PAUSE a tween as soon as the FSM leaves the state that’s running the tween, then RESUME where you left off later.

In iTween, this was called ‘Stop on Exit’. In DoTween, you can pause, but if you resume, it resumes every other object that shares the same tween ID, and this doesn’t work for my game.

If you have LeanTween and the PlayMaker interface for it, are you please able to able to let me know if the ‘Scale’ tween has this functionality or not, or even send a screenshot of the options available for it in the PlayMaker window?

Or maybe you have another suggestion for a good tween plug-in with PlayMaker support? I’d really love to see the Hutong version in the works, but it’s not released yet.

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Do you use LeanTween? Can I please ask a quick favor?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 12:55:41 AM »
Hi,

Dotween can definitly stop a tweening, I am positive about that, you get hold of the pointer to the tween and you can control it with that pointer at any time.

but it may means some scripting...

Bye,

Jean