playMaker

Author Topic: Get Force - such a thing for Explosion action?  (Read 1213 times)

Odd_But_Awesome

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Odd but Awesome
Get Force - such a thing for Explosion action?
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:02:05 AM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if people had any suggestions for reading the amount of force exerted onto a building block by the Explosion action.

Think 3D angry birds structures but with bombs.

I have a level made of stacks of blocks dotted about and the player can lay bombs on/close to these stacks to blow them up.

The Explosion action looks great. But I cannot find how to measure the force so I can read the damage taken by a particular block. So the blocks closest lose say 10HP but the ones further only lose say 2 but all blocks may lose 1 HP per bounce off other surfaces eventually being destroyed.

Blowing bits of mesh apart (looks alone) is easy enough but I want to measure the damage for blown apart meshes because this is how the player gets points. More damage = more points.

I could do points per bounce but that would not take into account the initial blast nor how far the block was blown away.

Is explosion the wrong tool? What would be the best approach?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you
JG

Unity 2018.3.0b7
PM1.9.0.p2
Check out my games & VR Cardboard titles at https://oddbutawesome.weebly.com/apps-new.html

heavygunner

Re: Get Force - such a thing for Explosion action?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »
Hi !
Check this
I also tried. But, never worked for me. Later, I gave up. I hope, someone will answer.

Odd_But_Awesome

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Odd but Awesome
Re: Get Force - such a thing for Explosion action?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 09:24:11 PM »
Hi @heavygunner

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I saw that vid a while ago in my previous research.

Unfortunately no force readings (insert midichlorians joke here :D).

I am thinking I actually have to place frag pellets on the surface of a sphere and read off those with collisions. This is probably going to chug when there's more than a few explosions on screen which is what I was kind of hoping for.

Cheers
JG
Check out my games & VR Cardboard titles at https://oddbutawesome.weebly.com/apps-new.html