playMaker

Author Topic: Triggers don’t work on iOS build; Linker Wizard has no effect  (Read 1059 times)

bkreeg

• Playmaker Newbie
Triggers don’t work on iOS build; Linker Wizard has no effect
« on: November 03, 2018, 02:19:29 AM »
(TL;DR: The Linker Wizard isn’t allowing ‘Set Property’ to work for an iOS build, so my triggers work in the editor, but not on the iPhone.)

I have objects in my game which begin the game as solids, then become triggers during gameplay. They change via a ‘Set Property’ action, which sets the box collider’s “isTrigger” property to TRUE. As I’ve learned, this action works fine in the editor, but gets stripped when I build to iOS, and so the triggers remain as solids for the whole game.

I built a clean, very small test level, with a cube that has ‘isTrigger’ set to true in the Inspector, and another cube that starts as a solid, but has ‘isTrigger’ set via ‘Set Property’ on the first frame. In the editor, both cubes correctly fall through a solid floor. When built to iOS, the first cube passes through the floor correctly, but the other hits the floor and stops – it obviously didn’t run the ‘Set Property’ action to change it to a trigger.

After a week of tracking this, I thought I’d found the answer, which is to run jeanfabre’s Linker Wizard, which I grabbed via the EcoSystem. I followed the instructional video and (I think!) I followed everything properly. But it doesn’t work. The Linker adds the ‘link’ file as expected, which looks correct and *should* be preserving the “UnityEngine.BoxCollider’, but when I build out to iOS, it has no effect.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there an issue with the Linker? Or are there better practises for changing ‘Set Property’ that work well for iOS builds?

Thanks in advance!

Unity version: 2018.2.5f1
Playmaker version: 1.9.0.p4

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Triggers don’t work on iOS build; Linker Wizard has no effect
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 03:08:51 AM »
Hi,

you are likely doing something wrong inside the scene itself.

else, what exactly are you doing to the box collider that you haven't found as an action and must use a setProperty for it?

triggers are not something to set on colliders but something to listen too, so can you explain what you are trying to achieve?

Bye,

Jean